STEPHEN COLBERT SHOULD BE ON THE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now available in paperback!

Unread postby Corporate Christians » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:39 am

I used to watch his show and I liked it but then somebody told me that he was not really a Republican but a fake. He makes a mockery of Republicans and alot of people are watching it. He is making the show along with Jon Stewart, who is a Jew there is nothing wrong with that because Jesus was a Jew but I just wanted to let everyone know.

IT IS FAKE NEWS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
Corporate Christians

Sponsor

Sponsor

Unread postby steve1633 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:33 pm

thank you for that insight. who would've suspected fake news from comedy central?
steve1633
Media GOD!

Re: STEPHEN COLBERT SHOULD BE ON THE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby MrSinatra » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:24 pm

Corporate Christians wrote:I used to watch his show and I liked it but then somebody told me that he was not really a Republican but a fake. He makes a mockery of Republicans and alot of people are watching it. He is making the show along with Jon Stewart, who is a Jew there is nothing wrong with that because Jesus was a Jew but I just wanted to let everyone know.

this is a horrible post.

this person is either a smart ass liberal mocking christians, or a christian who deserves to be mocked.

please, whoever you are, stop posting nonsense.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby Astute-Veteran » Wed May 23, 2007 2:53 pm

MrSinatra wrote:
this is a horrible post.

this person is either a smart ass liberal mocking christians, or a christian who deserves to be mocked.

LOL!
Astute-Veteran
Media observer

Unread postby John Gilchrist Lodge » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:33 am

Nah. This Christian thinks Stephen Colbert is geeky and annoying...but he's not in the same class as Eminem, Pinch Sulzberger, Teddy Kennedy, or Michael Moore.
Go Cards!!!!
John Gilchrist Lodge
Media observer

Unread postby spartanhockey » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:10 am

I love LOVE Colbert. How dare you
spartanhockey

Unread postby Corporate Christians » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:22 pm

MrSinatra wrote:
Corporate Christians wrote:I used to watch his show and I liked it but then somebody told me that he was not really a Republican but a fake. He makes a mockery of Republicans and alot of people are watching it. He is making the show along with Jon Stewart, who is a Jew there is nothing wrong with that because Jesus was a Jew but I just wanted to let everyone know.

this is a horrible post.

First off Ronald Reagan said that we should never speak bad about another Republican. So we should now know that Republican=good and Democrats=Bad (satan) Remember the Devil lies in the inbetweens the Bible teaches us that the Devil wants us to think that he does not exists. The Bible also says you are either with us or against us.

Rev Schultz

Founder of Corporate Christians
Corporate Christians

Unread postby WeaponOfMassInstruction » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:23 pm

Mr. Sinatra-

YOU know and I know that the news from Comedy Central is fake.

But literally millions of college-age kids don't 'get it'.

They take what Stewart and Colbert say seriously. And, being that it is uniformly slanted far Left, their teachers, who are similarly almost uniformly slanted far Left, won't correct them.
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
William F. Buckley, Jr.
WeaponOfMassInstruction
Mod Team

Unread postby MrSinatra » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 pm

right, i don't think i was disputing that...
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby WeaponOfMassInstruction » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:42 pm

And so you weren't.

Mine was but a sad observation of the human condition among the young.
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
William F. Buckley, Jr.
WeaponOfMassInstruction
Mod Team

Unread postby steve1633 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:50 pm

I think you underestimate college age kids pretty badly. From my experience (which is rather extensive considering that I was in like 8th grade when stewart took over the daily show and thus have seen fully how highschool and college age kids react to the show) most people who watch those shows understand that they are jokes and watch them for the comedic value. Also, while jon stewart is a comedian and his show is meant as a joke he's a very smart man and much of his humor has a serious tone to it. So if you encounter people who take the daily show seriously it may be because he does raise some serious points on the daily show.
steve1633
Media GOD!

Unread postby MrSinatra » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:08 pm

everyone knows they are jokes, but often humor is a way of conveying PERCEIVED TRUTH, and lots of people watch this to get their truth, and its sad.

so often on airplanes for some reason, i'll hear some neo-lib spouting off how stewart and colbert are the only ones brave enough to tell the truth!

sickening.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby opinionated1 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:52 pm

Read the entry for David Westin. In it, Ted Koppel says "I have no problem with entertainers pretending to be journalists....." As much as I disagree with Colbert's opinions, his show is funny.
I like music. Got a problem with that?
opinionated1
Media observer

Unread postby MrSinatra » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:43 am

i don't think colbert or stewart are funny, in fact, i think they are predictable and go for the most obvious liberal riff.

its boring.

i don't care what koppel thinks either. its bad for us as a country to have entertainers provide opinion on news that can shape policy.

do we really want a foreign policy influenced by whoopi goldberg?

an immigration policy thats kosher with stewart?

i don't think so.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby Liberal Founding Father » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:21 am

I agree with others on this thread. This has to be sarcasm, cause no one could be that dense, duh, not even a reactionary Republican. Well, on second thought...
The Founding Fathers were the flaming liberals of their day. Today's conservatives would have stayed loyal to the Crown.
Liberal Founding Father
Media observer

Next

Return to 110 People who are Screwing up America... and Al Franken is number 37!