100 people who are screwing up america

Now available in paperback!

Unread postby virginiaboynton » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:02 pm

i just finished reading 100 people who are screwing up america. i have never been a racist but i have met many of them, after reading this book it was refreshing to find that more people see AL Sharpton and Jesse Jackson for the true racial bigots that they really are. about blacks deserving financial retrabution for something none of them have ever experienced (slavery) and no white people in generations has owned a slave, i believe the fact that they recieve so many benifits wheather they are earned or worked for does not matter, just because they have darker skin then whites gets them what they want, there are many, many people with white skin who are equally as under privaleged who deserve a chance as well as anyone else but due to the fact that their skin is not dark enough they loose out.I believe everyone should have the same chance if they have earned it, not because of their race, religion , political party,nobody is oppressing or holding anyone back except the racial bigots of our society and they come in all colors, religions and political parties.for the sake of our great country i pray (yes to GOD) that more people will wake up and begin seeing each other for who and what they really are.thank you Mr. Goldberg.
virginiaboynton

Sponsor

Sponsor

Unread postby Japanklet » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Hello, Virginia!

Welcome to the board!

I'm not an administrator or moderator, but I'd like to invite you to post on the other forums here. We'd certainly be interested in hearing some of your other views!

Thanks!

Japanklet
Note: To cut down on screen clutter on my tiny monitor, my computer is set to block all pictures that appear in the signatures of other posters. Because of that, I cannot see them nor comment on them. Thanks.—Japanklet
Japanklet
Media analyst

Re: 100 people who are screwing up america

Unread postby flyphish56 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:34 pm

virginiaboynton--
I haven't read the book, but I certainly agree about messers Sharpton and Jackson and let's not forget Mark LaMonte Hill. There cannot be equallity so long as one group gets quasi-legal advantages denied others. So long as the above mentioned stalwarts of eqaulity continue to frame every complaint they have in racial terms THEY perpetuate the very thing they perport to be fighting--- and I personaly think they know it. They know full well that if racism ceases to be an issue they cease to be relavent.
As for the concept of reparations for Blacks, Latinos, Native Americans or any other group---I wasn't there, I didn't do it and I AM NOT GOING TO PAY!!!
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence. It is force. And force, like fire, is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
George Washington
flyphish56
Media pundit

Unread postby KC1 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:20 pm

What is wrong with some of these ppl mentioned in the book lol? Horrible ppl. And I'm not a republican or conservative either. Nor am I liberal. I so loved the book, but boy were there idiots in it or what?
KC1

Unread postby bengood1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:59 am

Finally, I' m reading something refreshing instead of the same old excuses from people who have nothing of importance to say to the public. Mr. Goldberg tells us like it is and doesn't bow down to the politically correct crowd. I look at the evening newscasts with much more of an understanding about the bias that is presented to us everyday. Keep up the good work.
bengood1

Unread postby Superhorn » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:09 pm

This book is irritatingly one-sided , because all of the 100 people are liberals . Goldberg fails to mention the fact that there are at least as many conservatives who are guilty of "screwing up America".
How about such worthies as Michele Bachmann, Jim DeMint, Louie Gohmert , Pat Robertson , the "reverend" Fred
Phelps , Lou Sheldon , Joseph Farah , Rush Limbaugh and his brother David , Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter ,
Michael Savage , Glenn Beck and others ?
These are a sorry bunch of egootistical , self-serving , fear-mongering ,unscrupulous demagogues who mislead gullible conservatives the way that a travelling snake oil salesman hoodwinks slack-jawed yokels .
Superhorn
Media observer

Unread postby Jeffreydan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:35 am

Superhorn wrote:This book is irritatingly one-sided , because all of the 100 people are liberals . Goldberg fails to mention the fact that there are at least as many conservatives who are guilty of "screwing up America".
How about such worthies as Michele Bachmann, Jim DeMint, Louie Gohmert , Pat Robertson , the "reverend" Fred
Phelps , Lou Sheldon , Joseph Farah , Rush Limbaugh and his brother David , Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter ,
Michael Savage , Glenn Beck and others ?
These are a sorry bunch of egootistical , self-serving , fear-mongering ,unscrupulous demagogues who mislead gullible conservatives the way that a travelling snake oil salesman hoodwinks slack-jawed yokels .

SH,
Savage actually was in "100 People," Phelps was included in the paperback version, as one of 10 additions to the original list, and Bernie (very rightly) reconsidered his omission of Coulter in "Crazies to the Left...".

As for the others, whether or not they could qualify under Bernie's definition, he talked about his decisions early in the book. You make it look as if you didn't read enough of it to warrant this critique.
Actually, in the book he does ask readers to contribute their choices, so here is your invitation to elaborate on any or all of your own candidates' deserving to be on the list. (One qualification of Bernie's they won't have is hatred for America, but hey...)
"I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because then it's going to be up all night."
Jeffreydan
Media GOD!

Unread postby thinkaboutit » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:50 pm

the "reverend" Fred Phelps

I don't think it is fair to include people such as Fred Phelps or Pat Robertson for that matter. These are not people promoting Conservatism per see but rather promoting their own beliefs that may or may not coincide with Conservative principles.

I will agree about Savage being self serving and egotistical...I can't even listen to him anymore. He is either talking about his book or more or less rambling the same points over and over. He continues to call Rush a waterboy, which isn't true but fails to realize that Rush is just better than him by a mile at being a radio talk show host. Savage is quite boring and I am surprised he is number three. Laura Ingraham should be at the number three because she is more informative, interesting and entertaining than Savage ever could be.
Sector 8023 is stuck on Ground Hog day.
"I will wait for the truth to find me but I will never leave it to you." - Versant
thinkaboutit
Media pundit

Unread postby ARTRYDEN » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:37 pm

I just finished the book. I found much of it to be truthful in that the liberals seem to forget the values and practices that made our country great and seem to want to give everything away to any group that make a lot of noise and tries to evoke guilt in us. I agree that we need to stand up to that kind of attack on our national fiber. At the same time, BG came across as a shameless apologist for Bush's disastrous presidency and as a spin doctor for the undeniable GOP sellout of the midle class in favor of the rich and big business. The list was amazingly short on names typically associated with the Republican Party and the Conservative movement---but then only an independent thinker/voter would notice that.
ARTRYDEN

Return to 110 People who are Screwing up America... and Al Franken is number 37!