Even dead, Michael Jackson is still screwing up America

Now available in paperback!

Even dead, Michael Jackson is still screwing up America

Unread postby dariovinny62 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:19 pm

I can't believe how insane the media is getting with the death of this weirdo. Talented for sure, but still a weirdo. They just released a newswire that sister Janet has arrived at MJs LA rental. With Congress on the verge of passing cap and trade legislation, how is this depth of coverage of any benefit to any rational person?
dariovinny62
Media observer
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Even dead, Michael Jackson is still screwing up America

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: Even dead, Michael Jackson is still screwing up America

Unread postby pubjohn47 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:35 pm

dariovinny62 wrote:I can't believe how insane the media is getting with the death of this weirdo. Talented for sure, but still a weirdo. They just released a newswire that sister Janet has arrived at MJs LA rental. With Congress on the verge of passing cap and trade legislation, how is this depth of coverage of any benefit to any rational person?


The media as usual is going with sensationalism and whatever contributes to the bottom line, including making war

as the media went along with almost every war the US govt. has been involved in, until public outcry makes them more rational in their coverage.


Also, if the the greedy, corrupt, wasteful, bloated military/industrial pork laden, corporate welfare entitlement complex was not advertising as much in the media, the media might have taken a more rational approach, instead of rooting for wars
The powerful in the military/industrial complex are "laughing all the way to the bank " while Americans have to forgo a secure and healthier standard of living due to over a trillion dollars being looted every year by the greedy military/industrial complex, resulting in blowback policies that create more danger than safety for the American people
pubjohn47
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 8:54 am

Re: Even dead, Michael Jackson is still screwing up America

Unread postby dariovinny62 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:02 pm

Here's a question you should seriously ponder, Pubjohn47: Since you can't refrain from somehow taking any topic to babble mindlessly like a one-note Johnny, what exactly does the MIC have to do with Michael Jackson or cap and trade? I've read several recent warnings from the mod to you NOT to pull idiotic stunts like this, but you seem to have ignored them...much like intelligent, well-thought rebuttals to your garbage. But that's typical of you, isn't it?
dariovinny62
Media observer
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: Even dead, Michael Jackson is still screwing up America

Unread postby pubjohn47 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:44 pm

dariovinny62 wrote:Here's a question you should seriously ponder, Pubjohn47: Since you can't refrain from somehow taking any topic to babble mindlessly like a one-note Johnny, what exactly does the MIC have to do with Michael Jackson or cap and trade? I've read several recent warnings from the mod to you NOT to pull idiotic stunts like this, but you seem to have ignored them...much like intelligent, well-thought rebuttals to your garbage. But that's typical of you, isn't it?


What does the MIC have to do with Michael Jackson or cap and trade ?

I never said the MIC had anything to do with either Michael Jackson or cap and trade.

What I was explaining is the reason why the media is more concerned about Michael Jackson than cap and trade.

What i was talking about is the news media's thirst for sensationalism and both the MIC and Michael Jackson provide for the Media's agenda for sensationalism.

the media is more interested in sensational news than news that really matters.

I am sure you will agree with this example : the Media is more interested in showing what US bombs have done then in showing the reconstruction going on in Iraq.

War sells newspapers but peace does not.


So what ties Michael Jackson and the MIC together ; both are involved in selling newspapers.


Newspapers are pro-Michael Jackson because he helps sell newspapers.

Newspapers are pro-Military/Industrial complex because the MIC not only spends huge amounts of advertising dollars but war is sensational news and war sells newspapers whereas peace does not sell newspapers, until the public turns against the war, in which case the newspapers start becoming critical of the war too
The powerful in the military/industrial complex are "laughing all the way to the bank " while Americans have to forgo a secure and healthier standard of living due to over a trillion dollars being looted every year by the greedy military/industrial complex, resulting in blowback policies that create more danger than safety for the American people
pubjohn47
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 8:54 am

Re: Even dead, Michael Jackson is still screwing up America

Unread postby dariovinny62 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:04 pm

You know, Pubjohn47, not EVERYTHING is the fault of the so-called MIC. And not every thread ties into it. I'm well aware of media sensationalism, but that isn't what I was addressing. It's your aggravating attempts to turn every single thread here into your personal soapbox to rant your crapola. I've been here only about 24 hours and I'm already sick of it. Try better quality arguments to make your points with less emphasis on quantity. Also, I'd suggest not copying your talking points from Al-Jazeera websites. Seems you've been advised about this approach before, but somehow forgot or ignored it. Not surprising.
dariovinny62
Media observer
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: Even dead, Michael Jackson is still screwing up America

Unread postby pubjohn47 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:19 pm

dariovinny62 wrote:You know, Pubjohn47, not EVERYTHING is the fault of the so-called MIC. And not every thread ties into it. I'm well aware of media sensationalism, but that isn't what I was addressing. It's your aggravating attempts to turn every single thread here into your personal soapbox to rant your crapola. I've been here only about 24 hours and I'm already sick of it. Try better quality arguments to make your points with less emphasis on quantity. Also, I'd suggest not copying your talking points from Al-Jazeera websites. Seems you've been advised about this approach before, but somehow forgot or ignored it. Not surprising.


You are right, not everything is the fault of the MIC but when the MIC is working on a budget in excess of a trillion dollars every year (including the hundreds of billions of dollars of interest payments alone on the debt accumulated by the MIC) , its not hard for the MIC to affect a lot in the American economy and in the lives of people here and abroad and most of it is not good because of the death and destruction that the MIC has wrecked on mankind.


Sadly and tragically, the US government/MIC has not been a blessing to the world but rather its actions has spawned blowback in the form of WW2, the Cold War, the Middle Eastern Wars, Israeli-Palestinian conflict the rise of communism and fascism and the resulting loss of hundreds of millions of lives and the loss of hundreds of thousands of US soldiers, hundreds of thousands of US soldiers maimed, deformed, blinded, paralyzed or disfigured for life and the despair experienced by hundreds of thousands of American families who have their loved ones adversely affected by war

all because of the power trips of the war mongering chicken hawk politicians and their profit driven supporters in the greedy, corrupt, wasteful, bloated military/industrial pork laden corporate welfare entitlement complex that has got hundreds of trillions of dollars of hard earned taxpayers money over the decades, all in the name of honor, duty, freedom, patriotism and liberty..

As one wise Samuel Johnson said on the evening of April 7, 1775, "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel".

If any defense contract gets reduced or cancelled, you can bet the war profiteering defense contractor will rally up his supporters and say its not patriotic to cancel a defense contract.
The powerful in the military/industrial complex are "laughing all the way to the bank " while Americans have to forgo a secure and healthier standard of living due to over a trillion dollars being looted every year by the greedy military/industrial complex, resulting in blowback policies that create more danger than safety for the American people
pubjohn47
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 8:54 am

Re: Even dead, Michael Jackson is still screwing up America

Unread postby dariovinny62 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:02 pm

not every thread ties into [the MIC]

Apparently, the meaning of this is lost on you. :roll:

Not surprising given your rant against national defense spending of any kind since diplomacy--which you unflinchingly advocate to solve any and every problem--would be rendered useless without military strength. :roll:
dariovinny62
Media observer
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: Even dead, Michael Jackson is still screwing up America

Unread postby pubjohn47 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:16 pm

dariovinny62 wrote:
not every thread ties into [the MIC]

Apparently, the meaning of this is lost on you. :roll:

Not surprising given your rant against national defense spending of any kind since diplomacy--which you unflinchingly advocate to solve any and every problem--would be rendered useless without military strength. :roll:



Any defense spending over a hundred billion is
waste and unnecessary.

Even "dangerous" China spends less than $90 billion a year on defense, whereas the bloated, corrupt, greedy, wasteful military/industrial pork laden corporate welfare entitlement complex demands over a trillion dollars a year as its owners " laugh all the way to the bank ".

In fact when America was at its weakest during the 18th century, it did not even have a standing army and yet was able to beat the British.

Switzerland's diplomacy and pragmatic policies have resulted in no terrorists attacks against it.

If the US govt can have the defense policies and the diplomatic policies of the Swiss, Americans can go abroad in peace without having to look over their shoulders in fear of being killed.

After the revolutionary war, the Continental Army was quickly disbanded as part of the American distrust of standing armies, and irregular state militias became the new nation's sole ground army.

In the beginning, the US govt did not see that a huge defense budget was necessary and standing armies were not trusted until greed for Indian lands made the US govt rethink its position.
The powerful in the military/industrial complex are "laughing all the way to the bank " while Americans have to forgo a secure and healthier standard of living due to over a trillion dollars being looted every year by the greedy military/industrial complex, resulting in blowback policies that create more danger than safety for the American people
pubjohn47
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 8:54 am

Re: Even dead, Michael Jackson is still screwing up America

Unread postby dariovinny62 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:56 pm

pubjohn47 wrote:
dariovinny62 wrote:
not every thread ties into [the MIC]

Apparently, the meaning of this is lost on you. :roll:

Not surprising given your rant against national defense spending of any kind since diplomacy--which you unflinchingly advocate to solve any and every problem--would be rendered useless without military strength. :roll:



Any defense spending over a hundred billion is
waste and unnecessary.

Even "dangerous" China spends less than $90 billion a year on defense, whereas the bloated, corrupt, greedy, wasteful military/industrial pork laden corporate welfare entitlement complex demands over a trillion dollars a year as its owners " laugh all the way to the bank ".

In fact when America was at its weakest during the 18th century, it did not even have a standing army and yet was able to beat the British.

Switzerland's diplomacy and pragmatic policies have resulted in no terrorists attacks against it.

If the US govt can have the defense policies and the diplomatic policies of the Swiss, Americans can go abroad in peace without having to look over their shoulders in fear of being killed.

After the revolutionary war, the Continental Army was quickly disbanded as part of the American distrust of standing armies, and irregular state militias became the new nation's sole ground army.

In the beginning, the US govt did not see that a huge defense budget was necessary and standing armies were not trusted until greed for Indian lands made the US govt rethink its position.

Pubjohn47,
Since being succinct didn't clue you in, perhaps I now need to be downright rude. Unless you have something to add about "cap and trade" or Michael Jackson, stay the %#@! off of this thread. It's not your damned soapbox to preach to me about the MIC so you can now shove it.
dariovinny62
Media observer
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: Even dead, Michael Jackson is still screwing up America

Unread postby pubjohn47 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:40 pm

dariovinny62 wrote:Pubjohn47,
Since being succinct didn't clue you in, perhaps I now need to be downright rude. Unless you have something to add about "cap and trade" or Michael Jackson, stay the %#@! off of this thread. It's not your damned soapbox to preach to me about the MIC so you can now shove it.


My question is very simple : why do you concentrate on cap and trade when the huge elephant in the room is the 1-1.3 trillion dollar yearly looting of the treasury by the military/industrial complex ?

Do you really think cap and trade is as big an issue as the yearly 1-1.3 trillion looting of the treasury ?
The powerful in the military/industrial complex are "laughing all the way to the bank " while Americans have to forgo a secure and healthier standard of living due to over a trillion dollars being looted every year by the greedy military/industrial complex, resulting in blowback policies that create more danger than safety for the American people
pubjohn47
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 8:54 am

Re: Even dead, Michael Jackson is still screwing up America

Unread postby dariovinny62 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:04 pm

Pubjohn47,
If you're tracking how many here have you on their foe list, you can now notch it up one.

Congratulations!! That's quite an achievement, but I'm confident you'll not rest on these laurels and will continue to build upon this tally. :lol:

Good luck and good riddance!

Dave
dariovinny62
Media observer
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: Even dead, Michael Jackson is still screwing up America

Unread postby pubjohn47 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:04 am

dariovinny62 wrote:Pubjohn47,
If you're tracking how many here have you on their foe list, you can now notch it up one.

Congratulations!! That's quite an achievement, but I'm confident you'll not rest on these laurels and will continue to build upon this tally. :lol:

Good luck and good riddance!

Dave


You are giving up because you do believe that I am not an anti-Semite ?

as for building on the "foe list" tally, here is a link that might help you understand my motivations :

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=31310&p=88181#p88181
The powerful in the military/industrial complex are "laughing all the way to the bank " while Americans have to forgo a secure and healthier standard of living due to over a trillion dollars being looted every year by the greedy military/industrial complex, resulting in blowback policies that create more danger than safety for the American people
pubjohn47
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 8:54 am

Re: Even dead, Michael Jackson is still screwing up America

Unread postby bruno » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:56 pm

dariovinny62 wrote:I can't believe how insane the media is getting with the death of this weirdo. Talented for sure, but still a weirdo. They just released a newswire that sister Janet has arrived at MJs LA rental. With Congress on the verge of passing cap and trade legislation, how is this depth of coverage of any benefit to any rational person?
Exactly! Nothing good came from such extensive media coverage of a sorry excuse for a man who paid millions to keep his sorry self out of jail for molesting children. I don't care about jackson the performer either. if jackson had done to my own children what he did to others, i'd have given him a good reason to have plastic surgery....if not an earlier funeral.
bruno
Media observer
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:57 pm

Re: Even dead, Michael Jackson is still screwing up America

Unread postby dariovinny62 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:44 pm

bruno wrote:
dariovinny62 wrote:I can't believe how insane the media is getting with the death of this weirdo. Talented for sure, but still a weirdo. They just released a newswire that sister Janet has arrived at MJs LA rental. With Congress on the verge of passing cap and trade legislation, how is this depth of coverage of any benefit to any rational person?
Exactly! Nothing good came from such extensive media coverage of a sorry excuse for a man who paid millions to keep his sorry self out of jail for molesting children. I don't care about jackson the performer either. if jackson had done to my own children what he did to others, i'd have given him a good reason to have plastic surgery....if not an earlier funeral.
Bruno,
I agree. Apparently, if Manson or Hitler had produced "Thriller" and could dance the "Moonwalk", everything else they did would be unimportant by comparison. Granted genocide is much worse than anything MJ was ever accused of, but give me a break. His "loyal fans", every one of them defenders and apologists, have done the following for years, but really laid it on thick since his death: giving the guy a free pass, cheering him on no matter what, having no critical insight on his admitted payoffs, offering nothing but praise, and much more.

That's what really led to Michael Jackson's self-destruction IMHO. Good job to all his so-called fans. :roll:
dariovinny62
Media observer
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: Even dead, Michael Jackson is still screwing up America

Unread postby bruno » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:22 pm

dariovinny62 wrote:
bruno wrote:
dariovinny62 wrote:I can't believe how insane the media is getting with the death of this weirdo. Talented for sure, but still a weirdo. They just released a newswire that sister Janet has arrived at MJs LA rental. With Congress on the verge of passing cap and trade legislation, how is this depth of coverage of any benefit to any rational person?
Exactly! Nothing good came from such extensive media coverage of a sorry excuse for a man who paid millions to keep his sorry self out of jail for molesting children. I don't care about jackson the performer either. if jackson had done to my own children what he did to others, i'd have given him a good reason to have plastic surgery....if not an earlier funeral.
Bruno,
I agree. Apparently, if Manson or Hitler had produced "Thriller" and could dance the "Moonwalk", everything else they did would be unimportant by comparison. Granted genocide is much worse than anything MJ was ever accused of, but give me a break. His "loyal fans", every one of them defenders and apologists, have done the following for years, but really laid it on thick since his death: giving the guy a free pass, cheering him on no matter what, having no critical insight on his admitted payoffs, offering nothing but praise, and much more.

That's what really led to Michael Jackson's self-destruction IMHO. Good job to all his so-called fans. :roll:

Dario,
Good to see there’s at least one American who understands the folly in this ill-advised and blatantly biased use of the media. Just sorry you had to be exposed to psychobabble idiocy of pubjohn47 for your commendable effort. Don’t worry, though. His (or is it her?) defense of Jackson has been exposed here for what it really is. Pubjohn47 was also exposed as the fraud that he (maybe she) really is here.

There’s a common adage I'd like to paraphrase in a gender-neutral style that I think describes pubjohn47’s current predicament perfectly: if you give any idiot enough rope, they’ll eventually hang themselves. :lol:
bruno
Media observer
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:57 pm

Next

Return to 110 People who are Screwing up America... and Al Franken is number 37!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron