A Canuck perspective

Now available in paperback!

A Canuck perspective

Unread postby gozer66 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:44 pm

Greetings,

I picked up this book a few months ago, and can honestly say that, after reading, I had to re-evaluate some of the ingrained opinions many of us Canadians desperately hold on to. I will admit that I did my fair share of ragging on the States; it is a national passtime after all. I grew up in a Liberal household (interesting that in Canada the colors of the two main parties are reversed...our Conservative party is blue), and clung to the notion that leftist philosophy would save the world. So much for that. I wouldn't sell my soul to the Conservatives, but I certainly have taken a step back to try to get a look at the big picture.
On a side note, I am a junior high teacher in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada. My primary assignment is Social Studies, and the current police state of political correctness has become a mighty thorn to deal with. How are you supposed to talk about history when history has become taboo? I hope that, by some miracle, a giant meteor containing an infinite supply of common sense will crash here. That would be an infection I could handle.

Thanks,

Drew Unsworth
CB, N.S., Canada
gozer66

A Canuck perspective

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: A Canuck perspective

Unread postby MrSinatra » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:05 am

it bothers me that other free countries rag on us when without us they either 1. wouldn't be free countries, or 2. would have to provide for their own defense.

having said that, read "Bias" and your eyes will really open.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Return to 110 People who are Screwing up America... and Al Franken is number 37!