George W.

Now available in paperback!

Unread postby steve1633 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:35 pm

Of course she mislead us. Those are exactly the lies I was just talking about , I chose to focus on the president and vice president using them because they are more influential. And mr. s, the problem is that the american people were presented with the idea that it was an airtight case that saddam had weapons of mass destruction and that if he hadn't worked with terrorists who wanted to attack america in the past then it was certainly in the works. I left out colin powell's presentation to the UN where he states "these are not assertions, these are facts."
They took murky and splotchy evidence, cherry picked a few tidbits and presented them as the complete picture given by the intelligence community and used them to go to war. If the war was really needed to simply get rid of saddam why not just say it. Why try to sell us shaky evidence that he is a threat to the US, why try to build the iraq-al qaeda link, why tell us things are facts when you're not sure. The administration knew that this intelligence wasn't the only intelligence, they had intelligence that said otherwise, but they chose to only present this intelligence to the american people in a manner that inidicated that it was air tight. They misled us through incompetence at best, but they did it right into a war. I consider that lying or at least as unnacceptable from our top government officials.
steve1633
Media GOD!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Unread postby WeaponOfMassInstruction » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:46 pm

Of course, being that the Bush Administration had been in office for only some eight months, the vast majority of the intel they had to go on was from the Clinton regime.

Yet Clinton skates while Bush is pilloried.
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
William F. Buckley, Jr.
WeaponOfMassInstruction
Mod Team

Unread postby Jim Rutledge » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:40 pm

MrSinatra wrote:there's a difference between a lie and getting something wrong.

Sounds like "parsing" to me Mr. S.

O.K. mr. bush didn't lie. He was just exceptionally ignorant !!!!!!!

Jim Rutledge
Jim Rutledge
Media pundit

Unread postby JKersting » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:00 am

Simple facts on WMD's here folks.

Saddam Hussein's own generals thought that he had WMD.

Saddam Hussein did have WMD.

Saddam Hussein WAS stripped of WMD.

Saddam Hussein tried to produce more WMD.

Our troops found WMD in limited quantities as well as evidence that some may have been shipped elsewhere or buried.

Bush used his so called "Bush Doctrine" to go to Iraq, not WMD. He stated that a nation who supports or harbors terrorists is our enemy. Abu Nidal, one of the most ruthless and feared AS WELL AS DANGEROUS Terrorists in recent history, was living in Iraq at Saddam Hussein's invitation until Saddam had him whacked in December 2002.

UN SC Res 1440 authorized the use of force.

So, hindsight is great for everyone to point out where things went wrong. Great. You know, had we intercepted page 14 of the communique from Tokyo to the Japanese Embassy on 6 December 1941, things might have been different then too.

In other words, quit focusing on what was without remembering all of the damned facts. More importantly, focus on what can be done now.

These petty and stupid discussions make everyone look, uh, petty and stupid. Think about it.

For another example of revisionist history, read this..... http://jaykersting.com/blog/2008/01/30_january_2008_revisionist_hi.html

Might bother some, depending on their baseball biases.
Jay Kersting
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " Reagan
"Now more than ever before,the people are responsible for the character of their Congress.If that body be ignorant, reckless and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness and corruption."Garfield
JKersting
Media GOD!

Unread postby CLC » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:12 am

hey jim,

I guess the people before Magellan who thought the earth was flat were lying.
CLC
Media observer

Unread postby Jim Rutledge » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:14 am

CLC wrote:hey jim,
I guess the people before Magellan who thought the earth was flat were lying.

Double Hey back to you CLC,

No, the flat-earthers would be mistaken, as I suggested in my February 9th post. Or perhaps we could say that they "misunderestimated" the three dimensional (spherical) nature of the earth, which Aristotle had postulated eighteen centuries earlier in his De Caelo (On the Heavens), Book II, Chapter 14.

Jim Rutledge
Jim Rutledge
Media pundit

Unread postby CLC » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:35 pm

The point is most everyone in the world believed it. Just as most everyone in the world, including most of the Iraqi military, believed there were WMD. So just as you pointed out, thank you, in both cases, most were mistaken.
CLC
Media observer

Re: biased avatar?

Unread postby StrongBadJinzo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:34 pm

az_conserv wrote:Yea Im biased, arrogant maybe, but the truth hurts! I base my biases on truth founded and researched. Arent the left biased or are they exempt? Personal responsibility isnt in their code of conduct! :lol:

Exactly. Exactly. I'm the same way. Truth and research = Conservative ideology. Guilt and emotion = Liberal ideology.
StrongBadJinzo
Media observer

Previous

Return to 110 People who are Screwing up America... and Al Franken is number 37!