99% Accurate

Now available in paperback!

99% Accurate

Unread postby lar9291 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:40 pm

Dear Mr. Goldberg: Read thru 100People yesterday (fastest I've ever read a book) and agree with 99% of your picks although I could probably nominate a few more. The one I disagreed with was Michael Savitch. Yes he's a screamer and frequently goes over the top but I can't see any comparison between him and say, Franken. They should never be on the same list. Nevertheless I enjoyed the book thoroughly and will recommend it to my friends. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 9 (I never give 10's)
lar9291

99% Accurate

Sponsor

Sponsor

Unread postby Alejo20 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:18 am

DAMN STRAIGHT they should never be on the same list. Franken is a smart man with good-intentions doing his best to break the monopoly that the rightie corporate hatemongering propagandists have on the mainstream media. Savage is 100% EVIL, DANGEROUS, HATE-FILLED, SCUM...period!
singing in as a way to thank Mr. "Tolerance" for ruining my night!
Alejo20
Media observer

Unread postby MrSinatra » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:37 am

franken is a blowhard.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby Alejo20 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:46 am

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not a big fan of Franken, but that's beside point.

Savage is a hatefilled scumbag, Franken is not. I'd rather have a blowhard than a scumbag ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.
singing in as a way to thank Mr. "Tolerance" for ruining my night!
Alejo20
Media observer

From the Author ...

Unread postby Bernie » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:38 pm

Hello All,

Thanks for the posts. But answer me this: Why do my friends on the Left -- and I don't say that sacrastically -- sound so angry? I know we're in the middle of a Culture War -- and frankly, I'd prefer to be a Conscientious Objector. Thanks to all for the kind words. Thanks too to those of you who disagreed and were good enough to write. Let's bring it down a little, though ... we're all in it together.

Bernie Goldberg
Bernie
Site Owner

Unread postby Painterike » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:21 pm

Bernie,
Thank you for giving us a list to study. Many of the people you refer to I am not very familiar with and that scares me a little. Exposing any and all extremist points of view and behavior helps our country greatly. If only half of what you write about the people listed in this book is true, they need to be exposed.

Thank you, again!
Woke up one morning on the right side.
Painterike

Unread postby JmThms » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:47 am

Alejo20 wrote:DAMN STRAIGHT they should never be on the same list. Franken is a smart man with good-intentions doing his best to break the monopoly that the rightie corporate hatemongering propagandists have on the mainstream media. Savage is 100% EVIL, DANGEROUS, HATE-FILLED, SCUM...period!

DAMN STRAIGHT they should never be on the same list. Savage is a smart man with good-intentions doing his best to break the monopoly that the lefty hatemongering propagandists have on the mainstream media. Franken is 100% EVIL, DANGEROUS, HATE-FILLED, SCUM...period!
"A liberal is someone who is so broadminded they can't even take their own side in a fight"
- unknown

"[to Liberals] Loving America is too simple an emotion. To be nuanced you have to hate it a little."
- Ann Coulter
JmThms
Media observer

Too bad Mike Savage would agreed with the " order "

Unread postby Dubya is a dick » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:01 am

If Savage was not a follower of " The Order " perhaps we would be in luck ,and the folks who took care of Alan Berg could take care of Savage as well.
Dubya is a dick

Unread postby MrSinatra » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:50 pm

you think that SN has any place on a "civility forum?"

BANNED.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Re: From the Author ...

Unread postby kobennett » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:57 am

Bernie wrote:Hello All,

Thanks for the posts. But answer me this: Why do my friends on the Left -- and I don't say that sacrastically -- sound so angry? I know we're in the middle of a Culture War -- and frankly, I'd prefer to be a Conscientious Objector. Thanks to all for the kind words. Thanks too to those of you who disagreed and were good enough to write. Let's bring it down a little, though ... we're all in it together.

Bernie Goldberg

Mr. Goldberg,
I am on the left according to the conventionall wisdom on this site and I couldn't be happier. I am frustrated by he current administartion but try to keep the discourse reasonable. It seems that everyone here is angry at one point or another. I appreciate you trying to keep things civil but please don't try to paint one side as angry when boh sides are clearly angry from time to time.
Thank you.
kobennett
Media pundit

Unread postby MrSinatra » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:21 pm

come on ko, thats nonsense.

you over simplify and ignore certain trends to say that, it isn't accurate.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby kobennett » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:55 pm

It's not nonsense. I know you can cite many examples of the left being angry and I can counter with many examples of the right sounding angry.
My point is it's condescending to myself and others on the left to be labeled as angry. Deal with each issue rather than the broad stereotypes.
Happy Labor Day
kobennett
Media pundit

Unread postby Cortese » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:00 pm

Kob,

You know, you're the only Liberal here on this site that I ENJOY debating with. The reason being is that you don't come off as a smart ass all the time. You are very respectful but honest. I truly admire that and I should behave more like that myself. I'll be honest, I was quite surprised that you said you were on the Left. Reason being is because of the standard of Liberal behavior that has been demonstrated here by your peers on the Left.
Life-long fan of the Military/Industrial/Janitorial/Custodial/Welfare-State/Pork-Laden/Mortgage & Bank Bailout Complex
Cortese
Media GOD!

Unread postby MrSinatra » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:27 pm

kobennett wrote:It's not nonsense. I know you can cite many examples of the left being angry and I can counter with many examples of the right sounding angry.
My point is it's condescending to myself and others on the left to be labeled as angry. Deal with each issue rather than the broad stereotypes.
Happy Labor Day

the right very rarely starts angry, the left very often starts angry.

if the left provokes the right, is that the rights fault?

all too often, the right wants to talk about the issues, while the left wants to talk about feelings...

for instance, i hear many on the right talking about illegal immigration, an issue that needs dealt with, and all the left does is label the right bigots and talk in meaningless platitudes about "comprehensive reform" without any details, but sure to make it seem as if any against that are somehow anti-hispanic.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby kobennett » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:57 pm

Cortese wrote:Kob,

You know, you're the only Liberal here on this site that I ENJOY debating with. The reason being is that you don't come off as a smart ass all the time. You are very respectful but honest. I truly admire that and I should behave more like that myself. I'll be honest, I was quite surprised that you said you were on the Left. Reason being is because of the standard of Liberal behavior that has been demonstrated here by your peers on the Left.

Scott,
I appreciate the kind words. The only other lib on the board I ever felt any kinship with is the long departed DemPlans. I felt he was a good and honorable debater. No offense to the libs who are on here now but I really don't relate to them at all for the most part. I can understand why Bernie was asking for more civility from what he has seen on the boards but in my personal experience those that I know on the left are not angry. It's purely anecdotal but there you have it. I'd rather make the debates about the issues rather than have to get messed up with the labels. Everyone on this board has some issues that go counter to the labels applied to them. I'd like to be judged for what I say not what group I'm supposed to belong to.
Be safe.
kobennett
Media pundit

Next

Return to 110 People who are Screwing up America... and Al Franken is number 37!