Time's person of the year - the Pope

Cite your own examples of news slant, right and left. Contribute your own take on the news.

Unread postby treadmill » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:58 pm

The Pope was selected "Man" of the year, sorry, folks, I am old fashioned (if a woman gets it, call her "woman" of the year. OK?). However, back on topic, Pope francis was chosen, not because he is a man of the people, not for his works, and certainly not because of his religious beliefs. Pope Francis was named "Person" of the Year because Time believes he spoke out against the free enterprise system. No less and no more. And THAT, my friends, is the whole truth on that matter.
treadmill
Media observer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Time's person of the year - the Pope

Unread postby albi87 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:59 am

I think that he is a pope who is closer all people. Why? He don't like that priests have most expensive cars, houses and another things... And he understand people who are divorced, homosexualists. And he is very nice person. :)
albi87

Unread postby charlie johnson » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:56 am

albi87 wrote:I think that he is a pope who is closer all people. Why? He don't like that priests have most expensive cars, houses and another things... And he understand people who are divorced, homosexualists. And he is very nice person. :)

I have never been inside of a Catholic church, I like this Pope because he came from outside the circle of the elite . I think the church needed the change.I read that he wants to drive his own car. I like that because I don't hire people to drive my car. I have not been to a Protestant church in many years. I would not go to any of those if a preacher had to hire a driver.I like best a teacher who knows the world I live in .
charlie johnson
Media analyst

Unread postby charlie johnson » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:49 pm

dialt1 wrote:i was inside this churc and belive me. all it's ok.
where i was born and went to school there was Catholics from nearby the town,They were from Europe in the years before ww2. they were friends in school and out,none asked me to go to their church.the protestants do more often.then there are baptist churches where the rich or VIP of town go.I have been to a number of churches including Baptist and Methodist.The people were not a threat to the community..The saloons were another church.There were even good folks at the saloon. A lot of war veterans.My father did not spend a lot of time at either place.My mother often went to a church.It had a big influence on me.I would be dead or in prison now.The US army was my church awhile. They taught me to get drunk and raise Hell.The Christian church had a strong influence in the USA after WW2.Strangers were more kind to each other. But now,Just look at Yahoo news a few days. I think the greatest influence today is drugs,That includes booze. The degenerate is respected by the power in this country today.Besides it is a money making industry.Bad news often creates a profit for the medical,The legal and the undertaking profession.. They encourage risk of early death to get money.Then the death brings 15 thousand to the undertaker.
charlie johnson
Media analyst

Return to More Bias and Arrogance