O'Reilly Factor Appearance

Cite your own examples of news slant, right and left. Contribute your own take on the news.

Unread postby BooKoo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:53 am

I completely agree with you about Fox and the criticism incurred from many people. I have sent the following email to Bill O'Reilly:

"Bernie Goldberg was right on the money about the criticism of Fox. What you don't seem to understand is that MOST people who watch news channels ASSUME that the person "reporting" is actually reporting the NEWS--NOT their opinions. I also agree, and have for a very long time, that Fox uses the motto, "fair and balanced", egregiously. I used to watch all of the Fox prime time shows until it became so politically biased that I now only watch you. In order to be "balanced", you MUST present BOTH SIDES of issues. When the biggest percentage of guests, including yours, are conservative, that just falls way short of balanced."

Bernie, you are one of the FEW guests on Fox who actually tell it like it is and I admired your persistence in your argument with O'Reilly last night. You didn't let him get away with defending the indefensible.
BooKoo

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: O'Reilly Factor Appearance

Unread postby BooKoo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:55 am

Why does it say under my user name, "A biased and arrogant fan"? What kind of site is this? I told the truth and complimented you and I would like to know who decides to post a description like that under a person's name who has never even posted before. I am very disappointed.
BooKoo

Unread postby Media Rookie » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:02 am

BooKoo wrote:Why does it say under my user name, "A biased and arrogant fan"? What kind of site is this? I told the truth and complimented you and I would like to know who decides to post a description like that under a person's name who has never even posted before. I am very disappointed.

It is no reflection on yourself, just how many posts you've made on this site. It is only a reference to Bernie's first two books and will change if you post more.
"Well, today's eight-year-olds are tomorrow's teenagers. I say this calls for action and now. Nip it in the bud. First sign of youngsters going wrong, you've got to nip it in the bud." - Barney Fife
Media Rookie
Media watchdog!

Unread postby Roxiebell » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:07 am

Bernie, honestly your BOR segment is something I look forward to each week, but you "lost me" with your last appearance. :roll: Seriously I had no idea what you were talking about!

Love all your books Bernie, I've read them all and can't for your next one.

Roxiebell
Las Vegas
Roxiebell
Media observer

Return to More Bias and Arrogance