Torture

Cite your own examples of news slant, right and left. Contribute your own take on the news.

Torture

Unread postby papabear » Thu May 07, 2009 12:23 am

I was listening to the radio this morning and an issue about torture arose. It was said that in order for torture to actually BE torture, the party inflicting the discomfort upon a subject would have to INTEND for the procedure to be tortuous for it to actually be torture. So my question is this... as I understand it, the Kenyan's administration strong-armed some finance people and hedge fund administrators to accept 39 cents on the dollar for their interest in Chrysler Corp., while the UAW, which had NO vested interest in the company got 55% of Chrysler, and this was the intended outcome by the Kenyan. I have known many people in the financial world and if you were to propose to any of them a scenario such as this, THEY would recognize this as one of the most heinous perpetration of torture for an investor to endure.
Shouldn't we hold the Kenyan and his henchmen to account for this blatant act of torture?
papabear
papabear

Torture

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to More Bias and Arrogance