Two Wrongs

Cite your own examples of news slant, right and left. Contribute your own take on the news.

Two Wrongs

Unread postby throckmorton » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:55 pm

I applaud your stance on the constant nit-picking of Obama by certain "fair and balanced" personalities. I am not a Republican, mainly because I no longer understand what the GOP stands for, and would in no way wish to follow the liberals down the path they direct. I do consider myself as fiscally conservative, with perhaps a smattering of social liberalism. I held my nose when I pulled the lever for McCain, simply because I did not, and still don't, agree with Mr. Obama on many things. I have a difficult time swallowing the media's love affair with Obama (a good read). I think we see eye to eye on your rebuttal to Hannity and his now-obvious outright hatred of our new president. No matter which way Obama leans, Sean seems to find a way to put his anti-Obama spin on it. For pete's sake, we nailed three pirates and saw the safe return of the hostage, yet somehow this was spun into an anti-Obama issue. I enjoyed your responses to his comments, and I wish more people could see that not everyone who disagrees with Obama is an extreme right-wing nut job. Indeed, it is hard to give much credit to the liberals for constantly bashing Bush. Although not a big fan of The Dubya, he did make himself way too easy a target. But this constant Obama-nating tends to offend and repel more people than it attracts, and I wish they would just stop for a while. Although you have to look hard, a bit of constructive criticism couldn't hurt right now.
throckmorton

Two Wrongs

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Two Wrongs

Unread postby Jeffreydan » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:07 pm

Welcome Throckmorton!

I didn't catch any of the news articles following the rescue, so I need to be filled in. Was BO given credit for the rescue by members of the media? Was he criticized in some way by Hannity or others for something bad relating to the ordeal?
"I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because then it's going to be up all night."
Jeffreydan
Media GOD!

Return to More Bias and Arrogance